Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Manage day-to-day account responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Determine risk management and client coverage needed to develop effective insurance programs for new and renewal accounts.
- Exercising strong marketing skills--timely results--being proactive.
- Successfully renew programs of existing accounts. Utilize renewal processes, procedures, and best practices according to established guidelines.
- Timely response to clients and resolution of issues.
- Monitoring clients' insurance programs for possible changes.
- Coordinating the delivery of risk management services--collaborating with the team.
- Perform account management duties such as completing applications, billing, resolving collection problems, corresponding with carriers, providing customer status reports, coordinating and following up on audits, reviewing production reports, and supporting internal staff department requests for information.
- Apply all enabling technology to ensure efficient and effective delivery of service (i.e., Word, Excel, Applied System, etc.).
Service Marketing/Relationship Building:
- Work with team in growing existing book of business. Generate new prospects by utilizing and expanding existing networks and business relationships. Follow up on leads and cross-sell referrals. However; this is position is heavily service oriented rather than sales oriented.
- Develop with team effective and timely proposals and make presentations to close new accounts and renew existing accounts.
- Maintain/strengthen relationships with prospect and client decision makers, insurance buyers, and company contacts.
- Develop and execute a marketing strategy.
Other Related Skills
- Ability to maintain and build relationships that encourage openness, candor, and trust, both outside and within the organization.
- Very high level of communications proficiency to respond to complex inquiries, explain insurance concepts to clients and colleagues, and effectively present information. Ability to express insurance technical concepts in writing.
- Skilled at negotiating with carriers and presenting material to clients.
- Possess a high level of mathematics proficiency to analyze data from insurance providers, develop comprehensive client proposals, and effectively communicate financial aspects of the insurance program to the client. Update and maintain premium pricing spreadsheets.
- High level of reasoning ability and problem solving skills necessary to effectively analyze client's situation and devise solutions.
- Ability to multitask and keep ahead of deadlines.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Exhibits initiative, creative thinking, decision making and problem resolution.
- Effective and confident in core management practices, including delegation, coaching, training, feedback, discipline, etc.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
Education, Training, & Experience
- Five or more years experience in an Account Executive/Client Executive or analogous role, with ultimate responsibility for client accounts.
- Experience developing and delivering proposals to a range of audiences, including at the executive level.
- Active Property / Casualty Illinois Producers License.
- Experience with an agency management system
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
- CPCU or ARM designation desired
- Bachelors Degree Preferred.